Ellie Rowsell of Wolf Alice was asked by Swim Deep to create a playlist of songs that were inspired by her tours around the USA, Japan, and Australia. Influenced by many artists from all around, see what Ellie has to say about the playlist..
“I was lucky enough to catch Pond at Splendour in the Grass in Aus and it was a phenomenal festy set. I’ve been listening to this album non-stop ever since and at the moment this song is my fave. I’ve had the new UMO album on repeat as well. It sounds like what would happen if you sent Stevie Wonder into space or something.
It’s been a while since I’ve listened to Sufjan. He just has so much material that it’s hard to know where to start! This song off his new album has rekindled my relationship with him, it’s deeply sad and moving.
My brother showed me this Hot Chip song complete with some killer dance move and it’s been my “walk down the street thinking you’re the shit” anthem ever since. And I recently saw the Amy documentary as well, and while controversial I thought it was wonderful, it reiterated to me what an amazing musician she was – I’m so inspired by her.” Ellie Rowsell, Wolf Alice
It honestly is an outstanding mix, I will definitely keep listening to it. You can listen to the mix here and the tracklist is below:
- Holding Out For You – Pond
- Sound And Colour – Alabama Shakes
- Ur Life One Night – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- Death With Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
- High By The Beach – Lana Del Rey
- Huarache Lights – Hot Chip
- Juggernaut – Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
- Pedestrian At Best – Courtney Barnett
- Ain’t That Easy – D’Angelo
- Love Is A Losing Game – Amy Winehouse