We are back from SXSW and have seen some great bands. Today, we are starting a six-week run of bands that we’ve enjoyed and think you should check out. We have everything from playlists to interviews to show reviews and pictures.
FEWS are an upcoming post-punk band from all over the map: England, Sweden, and America. Made up of Fred (vocals/guitar), David (guitar/vocals), Rusty (drums), and Jay (bassist), this band will completely blow your mind with their mysterious vocals and raging guitar. The band formed when Fred moved to Sweden from San Francisco to make music with David; Rusty is a long-time friend of David’s so he became the drummer and then they needed a spot to fill in for the bassist so along came Jay. To start off the band, Fred sent a demo of The Zoo to PIAS who loved the track and then signed them in late 2015. The band have just announced the release date of their debut album entitled Means which is out on May 20th, 2016 via PIAS. 100 Goosebumps is the second single release from the album, and it is everything and more that you could want from a song. This band is the real deal, and if you need further convincing, check out their video for The Zoo below.
FEWS will be heading out on a handful of tour dates, so make sure you don’t miss out on seeing them live because they are an incredibly class act in the flesh.
- April 30th – Leeds – Live at Leeds Festival
- May 1st – Glasgow – Stag & Dagger Festival
- May 19-21st – Brighton – The Great Escape Festival
- May 24th – Cambridge – Portland Arms
- May 25th – London – Sebright Arms
- May 27th – Manchester – Dot To Dot Festival
- May 28th – Bristol – Dot To Dot Festival
- May 29th – Nottingham – Dot To Dot Festival
- July 15-17th – Holland – Welcome To The Village Festival
- July 22-24th- Topcliffe – Deer Shed Festival
- August 18-21st – Brecon – Green Man Festival